Makes 4 servings
Macros: Using non-fat greek yogurt and a can of black beans as well
1 small bunch cilantro
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1 (14.5oz) can black beans (optional, you could use a different bean if you like just change the macros)
4 cloves garlic
2 jalapeno peppers
1 ½ lb lean ground turkey
1 cup plain Greek Yogurt (you can get full fat if you need more or non fat if you don’t get as many fat grams)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 med yellow onion
4 med zucchini squash
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional and not included in macro calculations)
- Wash and dry the produce: 4 med zucchini, 2 jalapenos, cilantro bunch
- Trim off and discard the ends of the zucchini; quarter the zucchini lengthwise, then slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Preheat a big saucepan over medium-high heat. You may need a large pot if you don’t have a saucepan big enough to make chili in.
- Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch pieces) and transfer to a small bowl.
- Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stem, seeds, and membranes. Finely dice the peppers and add to the bowl with the onion.
- Add the ground beef to the saucepan; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, transfer to a bowl, leaving some of the juices in the saucepan.
- Once the beef has been transferred, add the onion and jalapeño to the saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- While the onion cooks, trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic(4 cloves); peel and mince or press the garlic.
- Add the garlic, 2 tbsp chili powder, and 2 tsp cumin to the saucepan; stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini to the saucepan and season with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Return the beef to the saucepan, then add in the 2 cans diced tomatoes, 2 tbsp tomato paste, 1 cup corn, can of beans, and cilantro; season with 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- To serve, divide the chili between bowls and top with ¼ cup of Greek yogurt and cheese if you have the macros left. Enjoy!