1 small pkg Fresh Rosemary
2 Cloves Garlic
1 lb Green Beans
4 Boneless Pork Chops
1 (16 oz) pkg Strawberries
Extra Virgin Olive oil (or cooking spray)
- Fill a med saucepan about halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- While the water comes to a boil, wash the Green beans, Strawberries and rosemary.
- Trim and discard the ends of the green beans; transfer the beans to a large bowl and set beside the stove.
- Slide the rosemary leaves off the stems; discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl (I actually don’t really like this step because I don’t like chewing on rosemary. So I just slide the leaves off and leave them whole because they are easier to pick off and not eat that way.)
- Peel and mince 2 cloves garlic; add to the rosemary.
- Add olive oil to the rosemary and garlic; mix together.
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, add the green beans. Cook until bright green and tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside to drain further.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Place the pork chops on a plate and season with salt and pepper, then rub with the rosemary and garlic mixture.
4 pork chops, boneless: 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp black pepper
- Place the pork chops in the hot skillet and pour in the remaining oil mixture; cook until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on their thickness). Once done, transfer to a plate.
- While the pork cooks, trim and discard the stem ends of the strawberries; slice the strawberries and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Once the pork chops have been transferred, add the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and honey to the skillet. Cook, scraping up any browned bit from the bottom of the skillet, until the strawberries have softened and the sauce is slightly thickened, 5 to 6 minutes.
½ cup balsamic vinegar & 2 tbsp honey
- Transfer the green beans to a bowl and season with salt and pepper; toss to mix.
½ tsp salt & ½ tsp black pepper
- To serve, place the green beans and pork chops on a plate and spoon the balsamic-strawberry sauce over top. Enjoy!