(see bottom for non instant pot directions)
Macros: P:18.9 C:25.5 F: 14.6
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1’’ pieces
3 tablespoons salt, divided
1tsp Garlic Powder
1lb ground turkey (next time I am going to make it with 1.5lbs of meat)
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
½ Onion, diced
3 Carrots, peeled & cut into ½’’ pieces
1 C chopped Mushrooms
1 C frozen Peas (EW! I hate peas, I left them out of my recipe.)
1 C Beef Broth (I only had bone broth and it worked great)
- Combine potatoes, 1 cup water, and 1 teaspoon salt in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 1 egg, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons butter to the potatoes. Mash the potato mixture with a masher, or whip with a hand mixer.
- In the now-empty Instant Pot, sauté the ground beef for 5 minutes until it begins to brown*. Add the worcestershire sauce, carrots, onions, peas, mushrooms, and 1 tsp each salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Mix together beef broth and flour in a small measuring cup, then pour the broth mixture into the Instant Pot and stir to combine again.
- Top the beef mixture with the mashed potatoes and smooth the top of the potatoes with a spatula. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. *There were notes on this recipe about how the pot may not pressurize. Mine kept saying BURN and beeping but when I put it on soup mode and set it to delay start a few minutes it worked.
For Non-instant pot directions, follow all main instructions from above except:
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- You only need ½ the broth and flour mixture.
- Boil your potatoes on the stove top until soft. Drain them, season them and mash um up.
- Brown the meat on the stove top when its about halfway done, add seasonings, W sauce, onions, carrots, mushrooms and half the broth/flour mixture, combine it all.
- Transfer the beef and veggie mix to a casserole dish, press it down into the pan. Top it with the potatoes, and cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20min until the carrots are soft.